The Living with Purpose Workshop is a non-financial workshop that helps you get your head in the right place regarding retirement. The workshop sessions are packed with planning strategies, brainstorming and written plans for your new life – one you can’t wait to start!
Why this workshop is important: Because if you don’t plan for your future life, you are likely to have the following negative experiences both prior to and during retirement: Retirement remorse, Retirement Rut & Post Transition Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The workshop will help people age 50+:
- To create a clear and comprehensive vision
- To plan for a meaningful and fulfilling new life you can’t wait to live
This non-financial planning workshop helps you expand your thinking about your future and discover new possibilities for your life. It helps you discover what is really important to you, and what you really want to do in the next third of your life.
The workshop helps you to:
- Find ideas so that you won’t feel marginalized, bored and irrelevant
- Articulate ideas that you never thought of before
- Create a vision for your life that pulls you towards it
- Create a specific plan for a happy future life
- Avoid a reactive retirement by embracing the unknowns
- Know what you want to, and what you need to do, for your future
7 Strategic Steps™
The workshop is designed around 7 Strategic Steps, based on 7 principles and a new multi-valued logic system, as well as the latest discoveries from psychology and neuroscience. These steps provide Baby Boomers with a comprehensive, systematic, step-by-step methodology for exploring and choosing your future lifestyle options. The 7 Strategic Steps help you create a detailed, step-by-step plan for how you will implement each of your lifestyle decisions in the major aspects of your life.
Internal Preparation – The workshop helps you become internally prepared for retirement by:
- Expanding your thinking to transform your fears, problems and challenges into new opportunities
- Helping you discover what you want to do in your new life
- Viewing yourself as a whole person, which allows you to assemble relevant information about your past, present and future
To do so, attendees will use on-line and in-class questionnaires and exercises such as:
- Life-Transitions Exercise which enables you to be aware of what you have learned from previous life transitions and provides you with new insights into how you can successfully plan for satisfying new lives.